Grilling is a time-honored tradition that many people enjoy, but the weather can often put a damper on outdoor plans. This is where indoor grills come in. Hamilton Beach and George Foreman are two well-known brands that offer a range of indoor electric grills that provide the same great taste without the need for an outdoor setup. In this article, we will compare two of their most popular models, the Hamilton Beach 25371 and the George Foreman Plate Grill. Both grills offer unique features that set them apart from each other, and understanding these differences can help you make an informed decision when choosing the right grill for your needs.
So, whether you’re a busy parent looking for a quick and healthy meal option or a foodie looking for a new way to cook up your favorite dishes, this comparison will help you decide which indoor grill is the right fit for you.
Hamilton Beach 25371 Vs George Foreman Plate Grill Comparison
Features Hamilton Beach 25371 George Foreman Plate Grill
Dimensions 6.4x12.7x13.8 Inches 12x12x6.5 Inches
Weight 5 Pounds 9.9 Oz
Material Mostly Plastic Mostly Plastic
Finish Nonstick Nonstick
Size 90 Square Inches, 6 Servings 60 Square Inches, 4 Servings
Control No Controls Just Indicator Lights (Red and Green) No Controls Just Indicator Lights (Red and Green)
Removable Drip Tray Yes Yes
Cleanup Removable Grilling Plates are Dishwasher Safe Removable Grilling Plates are Dishwasher Safe
Wattage 1200 Watts 1150 Watts
Warranty One Year Warranty 3 Year Warranty
User Rating 4.5/5 Star 4.6/5 Star
Check Best Price Buy on Amazon Buy on Amazon
Key Differences: Hamilton Beach 25371 Vs George Foreman Plate Grill
Size and Weight
The Hamilton Beach 25371 is a small and lightweight electric grill, measuring 6.4 x 12.7 x 13.8 inches and weighing only 5 pounds. On the other hand, the George Foreman Plate Grill is slightly larger, with dimensions of 12 x 12 x 6.5 inches and weighing only 9.9 ounces. This makes the Hamilton Beach 25371 ideal for small kitchens or for those who are short on counter space, while the George Foreman Plate Grill is better suited for those who need to cook for a small family or group.
The Hamilton Beach 25371 has a grilling area of 90 square inches, which can accommodate up to 6 servings at once, making it perfect for small families or solo cooks. The George Foreman Plate Grill, on the other hand, has a smaller grilling area of 60 square inches, which can only accommodate up to 4 servings at once. If you’re planning on cooking for a larger group or family, the Hamilton Beach 25371 might be the better option for you.
Control and Indicator Lights
Both the Hamilton Beach 25371 and George Foreman Plate Grill come with indicator lights to let you know when the grill is heated up and ready to use. However, the Hamilton Beach 25371 does not have any other controls, while the George Foreman Plate Grill has a temperature control dial that allows you to adjust the heat according to your preference. If you prefer having more control over the temperature of your grill, the George Foreman Plate Grill might be the better choice.
Wattage and Power
The Hamilton Beach 25371 has a wattage of 1200 watts, which is slightly higher than the George Foreman Plate Grill’s wattage of 1150 watts. While this difference may not seem significant, it could affect the speed at which the grill heats up and how quickly it cooks your food.
The Hamilton Beach 25371 comes with a one-year warranty, while the George Foreman Plate Grill comes with a three-year warranty. If you’re looking for a longer warranty period, the George Foreman Plate Grill might be the better choice.
Features of Hamilton Beach 25371 Electric Indoor Grill
Here are the key features of the Hamilton Beach 25371 Electric Indoor Grill:
- Compact dimensions of 6.4×12.7×13.8 inches make it easy to store, even in small kitchens
- Lightweight design at only 5 pounds for easy maneuverability and transport
- Made mostly of plastic, which makes it lightweight and durable
- Nonstick finish on the grill plates allows for easy food release and cleanup
- Grill size of 90 square inches is large enough to cook up to six servings at once
- No controls, just simple indicator lights (red and green) to let you know when the grill is on and ready to use
- Removable drip tray collects excess grease and can be easily removed for cleaning
- Removable grilling plates are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze
- High wattage of 1200 watts allows for quick heating and even cooking
- Comes with a one year warranty for added peace of mind
- User rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars indicates high satisfaction among customers who have purchased and used this grill
- Compact with nonstick finishing
- Suitable for small families
- Removable drip tray
- Easy to clean
- Powerful grilling performance
- No temperature control options
- Plastic construction may not be as durable as other materials
George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press
Introducing the George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press, the perfect addition to any kitchen! This compact and versatile grill is designed to deliver quick and delicious meals with minimal effort, all while taking up minimal counter space.
Measuring at just 12x12x6.5 inches and weighing in at a mere 9.9 ounces, this grill is compact and lightweight enough to be easily stored or transported to any location. With a nonstick finish on the grilling plates, you can cook up to four servings of your favorite meals with ease, without the worry of food sticking to the surface.
While there are no temperature control options available, the simple indicator lights (red and green) make it easy to know when the grill is on and ready to use. The removable drip tray catches any excess grease and can be easily removed for cleaning, and the grilling plates are dishwasher safe, making cleanup a breeze.
Boasting an impressive wattage of 1150 watts, this grill heats up quickly and provides even cooking for all of your favorite meals. Whether you’re cooking up burgers, chicken, or even paninis, this grill has got you covered.
And to top it all off, the George Foreman 4-Serving Removable Plate Grill and Panini Press comes with a generous 3 year warranty, giving you added peace of mind knowing that your investment is protected.
Overall, this grill is a fantastic option for anyone looking for a compact, easy-to-use, and versatile grilling option that delivers delicious results every time. With its impressive user rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars, it’s no wonder why this grill is such a popular choice among consumers.
- Compact size and lightweight design make it easy to store and use in small kitchens or apartments.
- Nonstick finish makes for easy cooking and cleaning.
- Indicator lights make it simple to know when the grill is ready for use.
- Removable drip tray collects excess grease and makes for easy cleanup.
- Removable grilling plates are dishwasher safe for added convenience.
- Large cooking surface allows for cooking up to 4 servings at once.
- High wattage of 1150 watts means it heats up quickly and efficiently.
- 3 year warranty provides added peace of mind for buyers.
- No temperature control, which may make it difficult to cook certain types of food.
- Mostly plastic construction may not be as durable as other materials.
- Non-adjustable height may make it difficult to cook thicker cuts of meat or sandwiches.
- Smaller cooking surface compared to other George Foreman grills may limit the types of meals you can prepare.
Conclusion: Hamilton Beach 25371 Vs George Foreman Plate Grill
In conclusion, both the Hamilton Beach 25371 and George Foreman Plate Grill offer convenient and efficient ways to cook meals indoors. The Hamilton Beach 25371 provides larger grilling surface and high power whereas George Foreman plate grill and panini press features comparatively smaller cooking surface.
Both electric indoor grills are compact enough to easily fit on small kitchen spaces while storing them would be a breeze. As far as the cleanup is concerned, both grills have nonstick cooking surface and removable grilling plates which are all dishwasher safe along with removable drip tray. Ultimately, the choice between the two grills comes down to your personal favorite. Hope this comparison guide has helped you make an informed buying decision.
Leave a Comment